Pandemic and Education; Problems and Recovery: Post Conference Conversation
The endeavor in this post conference interview is to explore how we can add an interactive dimension to pedagogy and educational objectives and delve deeply into the pandemic shock to education and discern its remedies.
The key questions posed in this interview are as follows:
- What the learning crisis before the pandemic was
- How has the pandemic aggravated it
- What the meaning of Covid -19 as a force majeure event means
- Why Covid-19 language has been called a “language in the making”
- What the pedagogical implications of this new Covid-19 vocabulary /language are along with examples of neologisms, collocations, acronyms and lexical blending
- What are some strategies of certain global organizations like Unesco to address “the new normal” in tomorrow’s education after Covid-19
- What the 4 parameters of recovery plan involve (academic/physical /fiscal/psychological)
- How reskilling and upskilling may be achieved
- What the Covid-19 challenges to the Indian Education system are in terms of online tutorials, the digital divide, and the paradigm shift in education
The interview concludes with a brief advisory message to the global student population so that they may not lose hope and come out of this pandemic stronger.